Saturday 13 April 2013

Noisette et Caramel au Beurre Salé Macarons


Someone has asked me before salted butter in dessert? In caramel?  Are you serious? No way! I'll say 'Yes way'! I always have a sweet tooth but normally I am not too crazy about caramel or sweeties alike like toffee until I tried salted butter caramel. That little kick of saltiness really balance out caramel's caramelized sweetness... So I make these noisette et caramel au beurre salé macarons or hazelnut macarons with salted butter caramel cream. Are they going to make me fat? Since butter is a scary word nowadays...but I think I don't would sacrifice my tasty treat... and butter I use here is just similar to the amount of normal butter cream, so one or two macarons should be okay but enough to keep me happy!

To get my macaron shells is a bit different since I have to incorporate hazelnuts into my tant pour tant (batter).  Since hazelnuts have more oil than almonds, I have to make sure my batter won't be too runny... they came out perfectly from my oven and resting for filling... oh my gosh, its getting dark already, let me have dinner first! I should confess sometimes I got so absorbed into my baking and cooking and I totally lost in time before I realize... but good sweeties well worth it!

Okay, here we come to my caramel au beurre salé or salted butter caramel time. I have made salted butter caramel time many many times and have tried different methods, I find making it using dry method is the best one for me. Although I have to watch it like a hawk but it always come out nicely. Ingredients are quite simple - sugar, salted butter and a bit cream... and it look so great and yummy already. Another piping time and they are done and ready to go... but I am kind of sleepy now...maybe taste test tomorrow! 

Let me check how these cuties taste...wow...amazing, nuttiness of hazelnut goes perfectly with slight salty kick and rich caramel cream...hmm these macarons make my day again!


Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment