Hello everyone, I haven't update my blog for a who-knows-how longggggg... time. Hopefully this time I am planning to update more often. I have heard vegan meringue for quite a while and finally I have time to try to make some. The major challenge is to use something other than egg white which can whisk and become foamy :) After lots of searching, the amazing chickpea liquid seems to be the most reliable substitute for egg whites! Yes, chickpea liquid aka aquafaba the liquid which chickpeas sitting in a can... let's start!
For one batch of Vegan Meringue (roughly a bit more than a half baking sheet), you need...
- 75 aquafaba
- 90 g sugar
- 2 g raspberry powder
- few drops of rose essence
These tasty vegan meringues are quite easy to make, just a few simple steps and we are done, my steps of making this wonderful little treats...
- firstly, beat aquafaba until foamy
- add sugar gradually until medium peak
- add raspberry powder and keep beating till firm peak
- add rose essence and fold until your mixture is homogeneous
- pipe mixture on baking sheet and bake